Vegetation Management Stewardship
Supporting our customers' business goals
The Bayer Vegetation Management Stewardship Team is committed to providing value to vegetation management customers by “showing up” in a way that supports the customer’s business goals and makes the customer’s job easier. The team provides value as:
“It really comes down to helping our customers be successful in their business while being good stewards of the land and the tools we provide”
David Spak, VM Stewardship and Development Manager
What the VMST delivers
The Bayer Vegetation Management Stewardship Team is responsible for a diverse set of services that are valuable to customers who manage vegetation in the IVM, forestry, and range and pasture markets. These services include:
- Helping diagnose weed management issues and proposing practical solutions for bareground, brush control or selective weeding
- Training on a range of topics including application techniques and environmental and product stewardship
- Explaining the latest technical and label updates on Bayer products
- Providing timely communication on industry trends or local issues that may impact weed control
- Promoting compliance with approved labels and discussing the need for label revisions
- Working closely with the EPA on best-in-class stewardship programs within the Vegetation Management industry
- Managing research programs to discover new innovations for current and future Bayer solution
VM Stewardship and Development Manager
Dave is a leader and an innovator, responsible for developing new ideas and stewarding existing products in the VM business. His goal is to always be looking ahead to make Bayer VM professionals stewardship leaders – not followers. Dave holds a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Agronomy from Pennsylvania State University. He earned his doctorate in crop science from North Carolina State University, specializing in grass biology, physiology and plant growth regulators.
Eastern Regional Stewardship Manager
Jason never settles for the status quo. Rather, he’s out in the field testing the latest and greatest advancements in the VM industry, constantly developing and invigorating the Bayer vegetation management portfolio. Jason is an active member of multiple vegetation management associations across the country, and holds a Bachelor of Science in Wildlife Science, a Master of Science in Weed Science and Turfgrass Management and a Doctorate in Weed Science from Auburn University.
Great Plains Stewardship Manager
Case is a true advocate for land care, and the resident range and pasture expert. His commitment to stewardship and his agronomy acumen drives the team’s focus on developing best-in-class practices and solutions across all portfolios. Case holds a Ph.D. in Weed Science with a minor in soil science from Mississippi State University. Additionally, he earned a Bachelor and a Master of Science in Agronomy from Oklahoma State University.
Western Stewardship Manager
Harry is a trailblazer and the quintessential thought leader. Whether developing a new herbicide patent or implementing innovative product development projects, he isn’t afraid to go ahead with new ideas to protect our rangeland and forests. Harry studied forest science at Stellenbosch University in South Africa, and earned his Master’s and Doctorate degrees in Economics and Forest Science from Auburn University.