Technology Revolution and the Evolution of Rodent Control
Learn more about the evolution of rodent control and how the Bayer Rodent Monitoring System can help protect public health.
Helping Improve Food Safety, Transparency and Audit Readiness
Learn how the Bayer Rodent Monitoring System can help improve food safety, transparency and audit readiness in facilities where rodent control is mission critical.
Use of the Remote Rodent Monitoring with Regard to Food Safety Regulations and Current Pest Control Practices
Overview of the Bayer RMS for 3rd Party Auditors Along with System Technical Specifications
RODENT MONITORING SYSTEM (RMS) OVERVIEW
What is the Bayer RMS?
It is a sensor network designed to provide 24/7 monitoring of rodent activity. The RMS sends an immediate alert when a mouse is captured, enabling the service provider to rapidly respond, remove it and investigate the cause.
What parts make up the RMS?
The RMS is made up of a central Gateway and multiple Monitors. Each Monitor is composed of a Sensor and Probe retrofitted to a Multi-catch Trap. Individual Monitors are typically located indoors, along the walls and in other sensitive areas of a facility.
Are different configurations available?
Yes, there are two different configurations.
- The Flexible Sensor Network (FSN) is a smaller system with a Gateway and up to 35 Sensors. This configuration can be moved from place to place and is appropriate for escalations and special situations (e.g., restricted access or hard to reach areas). Its size is also appropriate to test remote rodent monitoring technology prior to a larger, fixed ISN installation.
- The Integrated Sensor Network (ISN) is a larger system with a Gateway and up to 300 Sensors. It is installed in a facility and remains at that facility for the life of the service agreement.
You can purchase a service subscription for the RMS. The service is billed to your company each month.
What is included with my subscription?
The subscription includes:
- Use of the Gateway, Sensors and Probes
- Software, installation app, platform access, provisioning and updates
- Client and customer set-up, support, training and installation assistance
- Real-time data and notifications (FSN and ISN), status and activity reporting (ISN only)
- Cellular data communication charges
POWER AND CONNECTIVITY
What powersource does the RMS need?
- The Sensor (part of the Monitor) is battery powered. Each battery lasts up to 4 years.
- The Gateway needs to be plugged into an electrical outlet and have cellular signal. Our cellular signal is agnostic to carrier as it roams.
No, it does not utilize facility WiFi or ethernet. It is its own encrypted network.
- The Sensors communicate with the Gateway within the facility via radio signal.
- The Gateway communicates with the secure Bayer server, transmitting activity and daily status information.
Can I purchase the physical equipment (i.e., Gateway, Sensors) directly?
No, all equipment remains the property of Bayer. It is provided to you as part of the service. The equipment must be returned when your subscription ends.
What happens if I damage the equipment?
For the ISN, there is a 5% damage allowance on Sensors over the term of the service agreement. Damage >5% will be charged at $200 per Sensor, $2,000 per Gateway. There is no damage allowance for the FSN. Any damage will be charged at the above prices.
What kinds of traps can be used?
Multi-catch traps such as the TIN CAT® (Victor) or its equivalent from Catchmaster®, ProKetch®, JT Eaton™ or ULINE®.
What if I want to use a trap cover or protector?
Interior Rodent Trap covers can be used with an extension cable and can be ordered from Bayer.
What if I have a rat problem not a mouse problem?
Rat snap trap retrofits are available. Please contact us at 800-331-2867 for more information.
How do I know the RMS is working if I’m not catching mice?
Every day, every Sensor sends a “heartbeat message” informing of its status and battery level. This helps verify system status and readiness in the absence of a capture. If you are an ISN subscriber, you can view this information in your online customer portal.
What types of alerts and messages will I receive?
The RMS generates a variety of alerts and messages. The following alerts can be received via email or text message:
- Capture messages: informs of time, date and location of a mouse capture
- Move messages: shows time, date and location of a monitor that has moved
- Hearbeat messages: shows daily messages sent from the Monitors informing of status and battery level
- Probe disconnected messages: shows when the probe is removed from the sensor
- Monitor disconnected messages: shows when a sensor has not provided its heartbeat message for 48 hours
You can designate the personnel who will receive these messages. You can also control the types of alerts (email or text message) they receive. Adding or removing subscribers is easy.
What types of reporting are available?
Reporting features are only available to ISN subscribers. You can also elect to receive weekly summary reports.
My facility can be dirty and damp. What is the RMS’s environmental certification?
The RMS has an IP54 rating. It is protected from limited dust ingress and water spray from any direction.
I’d like to try the RMS. Do you offer a trial offer?
Yes, we offer a trial program. To learn more or start your trial contact us at 800-331-2867.